Who Am I?
I’m a proficient lifestyle and conscious living writer, creator of simplicity blog Zenspirational Lifestyle and a yet-to-be published children’s book author who loves to inspire others through insightful, engaging words.
I believe top-notch copy is about resonating with the hearts of your audience, and that means getting to the heart of your message.
I write articles for lifestyle and conscious living publications and craft all manner of copy for soul-savvy individuals and organisations making a positive impact on the world.
Hooked on personal development and conscious, creative, clean living, I’m a yoga, Pilates and meditation devotee who appreciates a decent chai latte, plus going bush or beach on foot or on horseback. I also adopt spotty dogs.
Living in the hills of Melbourne’s outer east, I enjoy supporting local, ethical producers and artisans, and embrace conviviality and community spirit.
Where possible, I give back to organisations assisting disadvantaged youth or animal welfare. In 2015, I participated in the Five in Five campaign. And thanks to some wonderfully kind sponsors, I exceeded my fundraising target.
More recently, I created my own fundraising initiative – Seven Dates in Seven Weeks for charity – to help raise funds for The Good Life Farm.
Why Work With Me?
With 18 years of professional writing experience encompassing print, online and TV production, I’m an affable, dynamic and upbeat freelance writer who informs and inspires your audience with meaningful and well-crafted words.
My philosophy is to keep things simple, effective and enjoyable. I take the time to get to know the soul of your message, passion and/or voice.
- A clear, creative and versatile writing style to ensure your copy hits the right note.
- Concise, accurate and well-researched copy delivered to you on time, according to brief.
- The convenience of completing the work by email, phone or Skype.
- Common sense, uber organisational skills and reliability.
- A conscious collaboration, communicating with integrity and transparency.
And that’s just for starters.
Read some kind words from some happy clients and editors.
What Have I Done?
In a nutshell, my writing career kicked-off in 2000 with a tourism newspaper based in the Yarra Valley, Victoria. Along the way, I’ve been the features editor for a Victorian distributed publication and have worked with a host of primetime Australian TV productions. This has included The Great Outdoors travel show, What’s Good For You, The Outdoor Room With Jamie Durie and Secret Millionaire.
I’ve written about the arts, sustainable living and design, holistic health and wellbeing, ethical food producers, conscious creatives, country living, personal development, self-help and travel. Basically, people doing good things.
My freelance articles have appeared in a range of quality lifestyle and travel publications:
- The Age – Traveller
- Get Up & Go
- Qantas The Australian Way
- Bark Australia
- Escape – News Limited metropolitan newspapers
- The Australian – Travel & Indulgence
- The Herald Sun
- Go Camping Australia
- Victoria Postcards magazine
- On the Road (RACQ)
- The Computer Coordinator
- Country Life Publishing magazines.
Read some of my published articles.
I also enjoyed completing these writing courses:
- Certificate of Copywriting, Student Union for Melbourne University
- Graduate Diploma of Arts for Writing, Swinburne University
- Writing for Children, RMIT (short course)
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Freelance Journalism, Australian College of Journalism.
Read Eight Random Things About Me
1. As a youngster, my nickname was Hello. I would get up at the crack of dawn to visit my neighbours and bellow “Hello” to see who was awake.
2. I don’t drink coffee. I love herbal teas.
3. I was always too tall for a pony. By age 12, I saved enough money to buy a Thoroughbred. Six years later I bought my first pony — all of 12hh — as a companion for my Thoroughbred.
4. I once did a bartending course. I’m a non-drinker.
5. Said bartending course landed me a short-term gig at the Swagman Restaurant — until it burnt down. Thankfully, the Village People had finished their performances.
6. I had a small speaking role in the same scene as Hugh Jackman in an episode of Halifax FP. Then he went to LA.
7. I love a good documentary, but Dirty Dancing is still my all-time favourite movie.
8. My first ever published article was about horse massage. At the time, it was a bit out-there.
Like to know how I can help bring your message to life? Contact me.