A widely-published freelance lifestyle journalist, I love sharing inspirational and heartwarming stories, especially those that have a strong sense of passion, purpose and/or community spirit. I welcome commissions from editors of quality print and/or online lifestyle and conscious living publications from around the globe.
I offer articles with genuine and independent opinion — writing with clarity, substance, warmth and integrity. My well-researched pieces reflect an original, accurate and evocative style and I confidently conduct all interviews.
My writing specialities cover holistic entrepreneurs and conscious creatives making a meaningful contribution to the world. I also enjoy writing insightful yarns about quirky characters or happenings, especially those that help make up the backbone of their community. Add to that my innate ability to scratch beneath the surface and get off the well-trodden path in Australia and overseas to reveal the intriguing, uplifting or unusual.
Freelance journalism encompasses:
- features & profiles on inspirational people
- organic & ethical food producers
- conscious creatives
- the arts & culture
- holistic health & wellbeing
- personal development & self-help
- holistic & social entrepreneurs
- equestrian & natural horsemanship
- country living
- sustainable living & design
- responsible travel.
Professional qualifications include:
- Graduate Diploma of Arts for Writing from Swinburne University
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Freelance Journalism from the Australian College of Journalism.
Published freelance contributions have encompassed:
- The Age – Traveller
- Get Up & Go
- Qantas The Australian Way
- Bark Australia
- Escape – News Limited metropolitan newspapers
- The Australian – Travel & Indulgence
- The Herald Sun
- Go Camping Australia
- Victoria Postcards magazine
- On the Road (RACQ)
- The Computer Coordinator
- Country Life Publishing magazines
- News Service Reporter, Media Services MSAC – 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
You can also read about me being interviewed for tips on preparing to write a travel article in Out and About Live UK, August 2009. (Originally published in the Writing Magazine as A Road Well Travelled.)
How To Become A Travel Writer
Need an article written, or have a relevant story proposal? Contact me.